Here is how it works
You've found the perfect property, your offer has been accepted, you've applied for a mortgage, arranged a survey and instructed a solicitor.
At this point, you might have paid hundreds if not thousands of pounds in fees and then the worst happens, and the sale falls through.
There are lots of reasons why this can happen:
- Gazumping – someone else comes in with a higher offer
- The seller decides to take the property off the market
- The mortgage lenders valuation is lower than the offer
Home Buyers Insurance
Protects your pocket by providing cover for up to £2,250 for just a one-off payment of £69!
- Conveyancing & search fees up to £1,500
- Survey & valuation fees up to £500
- Mortgage arrangement fees up to £250
Here is the legal bit
Don't just read our summary, but check out the full policy document, so you completely understand the cover it provides. View key facts and full policy documents. View full policy
How long does the insurance last
You’re covered for up to six months (182 days to be precise) from when you take out the policy.
Your cover starts from the moment you have bought the policy, which must be within 7 days of your offer for the property being formally accepted, in writing, by the seller.
Your cover will only end at the end of the policy or if you claim, complete or cancel.
What don't we cover
Costs before the start date (when conveyancing begins or when you won the auction)
- If you are aware of a previous survey that stops you buying the property
- If you decide not to buy the property for a reason not covered by our policy
- If you deliberately cause the property to fall through
- If the costs are someone else's responsibility
Right to cancel
If you decide for any reason that this isn't right for you, then you can get a full refund within 14 days of purchase, as long as no claims are outstanding.